Explore Your World, Your Way with Moon Travel Guides
In Iceland, fire and ice meet at the top of the world. Explore it all with Moon Iceland.
With Moon Iceland's practical tips, myriad activities, and an insiders view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
- Strategic itineraries in an easy-to-navigate format, such as "Winter Wonders," "Get Yourself in Hot Water," "4-Day Iceland Road Trip," and "The Best of Reykjavk"
- Curated advice from local writer Jenna Gottlieb, who provides her American-expat perspective on her adopted home
- Full-color with vibrant, helpful photos
- Detailed maps and directions for exploring on your own
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Walk across a glacier, visit volcanoes, and relax in a hot spring. Drive the Ring Road through stark and beautiful tundra. Explore Reykjav k's booming restaurant scene and incredible museums. Go whale watching and wildlife-spotting, and bask in the shimmering glow of the northern lights.
- Background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
- In-depth coverage of Reykjav k, the Reykjanes Peninsula and the South, Sn fellsnes Peninsula and the Westfjords, North Iceland, East Iceland and the Eastfjords, and the Highlands
- Essential insight on traveling during the challenging but rewarding winter season, on recreation, transportation, accommodations, and a handy Icelandic phrasebook, all packaged in a book light enough to fit in your carry-on
Country-hopping in Scandanavia? Check out Moon Norway. Heading on to Europe? Try Moon Ireland or Moon Rome, Florence & Venice.